Tuesday, August 11, 2015

More about Dumfries

I will start by telling you a little more about Dumfries. So, It is a little town...city? One of those. It is right on the English Border, so we are right next to England. In Belfast I could walk from one side of my area to the other in an hour. Here in Dumfries I can drive for an hour in most directions from our flat and still be in my area. It is massive, and almost all countryside and farms. The towns/cities here aren't like in Utah where one city turns into the next; they are separated by miles of country. The outlying towns are Annan and Lockerbie and Gretna, etc. I have had the new experiences of chopping wood, doing some farming, trying to catch rabbits and pheasants, and eating haggis, all in this area. It's a cool area. There are probably 7 castles in our area, but Elder Zander has already been to all of them and doesn't like castles so he doesn't want to go to them on P-days! Haha. But that's okay. J

We are just struggling to find the prepared people at the moment. But, we have 2 lessons set up for this week. It's very exciting! When talking to people all day finally pays off and you get lessons, it is a blessing from Heavenly Father.

By the way, haggis is amazing. Some people don't like it, but I think it is the bomb. It's pretty much just a bunch of ground meat and oats. The spices are really strong though. My ward is awesome. The members feed us ALL the time. Dumfries is great.

I have finished the first half of the Old Testament and it is so much info. I'm studying it with the institute manual and that helps so so so so so much. I'm reading in Job at the moment, so maybe it isn't the exact middle, but it's really good.

Next week is moves call and it seems like it has come so fast. I've been in this area for no time and it already is moves. I am excited to see the work moving in this area. We were walking on the side of the river talking to people, and we stopped this man named Ian. We found out he had investigated the church in 1997 and had a lot of questions and stopped investigating. He agreed to meet with us so that we can help him feel the spirit and know it's true! It was amazing! I am so excited to see him. It was such a testimony building experience to see that we need to talk to everyone! We had a few appointments fall through this week that looked like they were going to be really solid. It was pretty brutal, but I know the Lord is watching over us and is walking every step with us. This work is amazing even though it is really hard.

I love my Saviour so much. He has done everything for me. I will proclaim His love to all I meet, and I hope you will too. This gospel is for everyone. 

Keep fighting the good fight

Elder Crowe

No comments:

Post a Comment