Monday, September 21, 2015

I love this work!

I am tired. Missionary work is hard. Life is hard, but it is awesome and I love it! It feels like I wake up and I can't possibly function through the day, but Heavenly Father gives me the strength! I love this gospel. It rocks! 

We had a decent week. We had a lot of potentials that fell through but that is okay! We are out here to invite; we can't affect other people's agency.

Elder Lampropoulos and I were headed into the flat this week to do 12-week, which is the training program for new missionaries, and he felt prompted to go GQ instead and we literally walked 30 feet up the street and stopped the first lady. She was from Germany and we set up a return appointment! It was amazing. He is a beast. I love him. It was great to see that this is the Lord's work and He is leading us. 

We have been studying a lot about Joseph Smith this week. Truman G. Madsen has 8 lectures on Joseph Smith and they are amazing. My testimony has grown so much of the Prophet. He is so awesome. He was a joker and had a fiery personality. It really puts him in such an awesome light. 

We had an over 50s party for our ward and we were so close to getting Faye there! But she decided last minute not to come. I feel that if we get her to somewhere where she makes a friend then she will have no problem coming to church. But we just need to be patient and follow the Spirit. 

Roast lamb on a spit!
We had a member invite us to his birthday party and we went for a little and he was roasting a lamb on a spit! It was the greatest thing I have ever eaten.

We had district meeting on Friday and the Family History senior couple came to help us learn more about how to use family history in our finding and retaining. It was really cool. I love Family History. It is amazing and is doing wonders in the world. 

We had Stake conference too, but we couldn't broadcast it very well out here in the middle of NOWHERE!! So the connection failed and we pretty much had a 2 hour testimony meeting. 

I have been studying the New Testament and I just read in John the part where Christ asks Peter 3 times if he loves Him. I put my name in verse 15: Elder Crowe, lovest thou me more than these? Those words hit me really hard. I love the Saviour so much, but are there things that I am not giving up for Him? Do I love certain sins more than I love Him? Maybe not even sins but things that are halting my progression? It was a humbling thought. I have a lot that is holding me back. More than I would like. I am being refined and it is hard to love that. But I love my Heavenly Father and I want to be more like Him.

We might be getting Sister missionaries here pretty soon. I have discovered that they send Elders on missions to grow up and they send Sisters on missions to GET STUFF DONE! Sisters are beasts. 

I love you. I love this work. I love my Saviour. I love Joseph Smith. I love the Book of Mormon. This church is true.

Keep Fighting the Good Fight

Elder Crowe 


Wednesday is Pizza day

Rugby World Cup!!

We met Alfie Boe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment