Friday, February 26, 2016

Email mixups

I am sorry you did not get my email last week. That is curious. I sent a big group one. Apparently none of my emails went through... So I resent you last weeks.

I don't have much to add this week. We just prepared Paula for baptism and went finding a lot.

I love you!
Elder Crowe

Last week’s email

Hello Hello,

I am not doing any personalized emails this week because I want everyone to get the same email. There are so many things I have learned and have been swirling around my head and I want to share all of them and I have no time.

So, Dundee is amazing. The work is moving forward like a rushing river. It cannot be held back. We had a baptism and we have another scheduled for the 26th. We are working hard and inviting souls to Christ, and The Lord is hastening His work.

I really wanted to jump into some things that I have learned this week.

First thing I wanted to discuss. I have spent so much time this week studying and praying and pondering. I have a deep and burning love for the men and women who lead and guide the Lord's church. I also have a tremendous love and respect for His chosen servants in earlier times. I don't have time to teach everything but I have scripture references with little thoughts:

  • Ephesians 4 - We will know it is Christ's church If it has Prophets, apostles, with Christ as the cornerstone.
  • 2 Peter 2:10,12- Peter is a fireball. He is very up front and doesn't sugar coat things. But the wicked taketh the truth to be hard. I have been guilty of not giving people the respect they deserve. I have also been guilty of talking about the Lord's called and chosen men and women. This was a good one for me to read.
  • Titus 3:1-2 Same principle as the first
  • Doctrine & Covenants 58:22 Christ is the head of the church and will always be. But right now we listen to those that are appointed to lead and guide us.
  • Matthew 10:1 Christ gave the Apostles power. He did not make them perfect. He did not make it so they could not err.
  • Numbers 12:1-10 We do not receive blessings but cursing when we disobey and speak against the Lord's called and appointed vessels.
  • Doctrine and Covenants 1:38 If the Prophet says it or if God says it, it is the same.
  • Mosiah 15:11 If we listen to all the Holy Prophets and heed their words we will inherit the Kingdom of God
  • 3 Nephi 12:1 The words of Christ to the Nephites saying what was stated above.
  • Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord will do NOTHING but He reveals His secret to His servants THE PROPHETS. He has always worked through Prophets and will always work through Prophets.
  • Mormon 8:17 Prophets are not perfect. They admit they have faults. God has no faults but the men and women He works with do. But he who openly opposes and condemneth is in danger.
  • Romans 4:20-21 Let us believe in Christ but let us also BELIEVE Christ. We need to believe that He can and will do all that He says He will. We must have a heart full of faith and gratitude.

I had a thought come into my mind this week. It was provoked by a friend in my ward saying something. His Mission President said to his missionaries in his departing testimony "I do not want you to believe my testimony because of what I say to you but by how I live my testimony" If I had someone else get up to bear my testimony what would they say? Do I live my life in a way that they would know what my testimony is? If I stood up to bear your testimony would I know what you would say? Would I know that you know Jesus is the Christ by your actions? I can honestly say that I need to be better. I do not represent my testimony well enough. I need to act more like my Saviour in all I do. Another example: If I said your prayer tonight and you said mine would you know what I would pray for? Would you know who I would pray for? Do I show who I love and what I care about in how I act? Just some thoughts.

On a lighter note: look up "If ye havni..." By I. W. King. It's so funny. Great poem.

Jesus Christ is the Living Son of the Living God. If we want to know anything we can turn to Him for our answers. He will answer us. He is no respecter of persons. We are all His children. He is leading and guiding us. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. Christ set up a church with Prophets and Apostles and He is an unchanging God. Pray and ask god. We must constantly be reaffirming this in our hearts everyday. He has saved us, but there is a work for us to do.

With all my love,
Elder Crowe

Missionary work is tiring. I fell asleep texting a potential investigator

Irene's Baptism

We go running at 5am - this is my view :)  3 miles in 20 minutes today
Another view of us out for a run

No comments:

Post a Comment