Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The sounds of Belfast

Ok - So I (Patch's mother) managed to figure out how to post an audio file to the blog. Yay me!! It is on the sidebar for you all to listen to. :) Patch is talking about the things he hears people say in Ireland - a lot!!  He sure loves it there!

Here's the latest:

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! It totally slipped my mind that it was Father's Day till someone couldn't come to teach with us. It is funny how being in two different worlds messes with my head.

There isn't a whole ton to report on this week. Lisa is going on holiday with Jade on Tuesday for 3 weeks. Either Elder Hatch or myself will never see her again! It's so crazy to think about leaving an area. I have only ever been in Holywood so I don't know the difference.

James is coming along so well. He is a champion. He is a non-smoker!! He has quit smoking for about a week now! Seeing the change in him has brought so much joy into my life. I love James so much and I am so blessed to be able to know him. He has so much faith. His mum and brother have been worried telling him that all the church wants is his money, but he just explains that they are wrong and that he knows the spirit that he feels is real and that the church is true. He loves the people and has so many friends at church. We got to take him to a baptism in Bangor on Saturday. It was a really beautiful service. He was a little nervous for his baptism, but after he saw what it was going to be like he said he was just excited for the day to come. It is in less than 2 weeks. I am so giddy! I cannot wait. We are seeing him almost everyday for these next 2 weeks to make sure he is ready and prepared. We know he will be.

 We met some amazing people and also met some... other people. We had about 2 houses to go chapping, and we went to this neighborhood. The second door we knocked on, we got let in, but the man wasn’t really interested. We tried to explain about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and the Restoration, and he kept talking about the Bible. It was all the usual things that preachers tell their congregation about Mormons, so it was easy enough to answer all of them. But then when all his "concerns" were answered, he still wouldn't read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We ended the conversation since it wasn't going to go anywhere and left.

Missionary work sure can be frustrating! People don't trust God! They think they know everything. They will say He is the source of all truth, but they won't ask Him if the book is true. I get so saddened and mad! It's dumb! But I know the Lord is helping me grow. I need to be humbled and learn patience and all those great Christ like attributes. It just is not fun having to learn them ;)

I hope your days will be glorious in the coming week. Trust in the Lord. He is mighty to save. 


Elder Crowe
The funny things we see sometimes! haha

1 comment:

  1. SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE DOING A PRETTY FANTASTIC JOB OUT THERE AND IM PROUD OF THE WORK YOU DO...I FEEL LIKE IM THE ONLY ONE READING THESE BLOGS BUT WHO CARES CAUSE I DONT!!! ANYWHOS GOOD WORK OUT THERE ND BTW AMMON GOT CALLED TO SERVE A MISSION ND IT SO HAPPEN TO BE IN THE ISLANDS!!! I KNOW HES GONNA DO A GREAT JOB TEACHING THE SAMOAN PEOPLE...IM SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YALL...ANYWHOS KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! #AWESOMESAUCE #IMTOOEXCITEDRIGHTNOW

    ReplyDelete