Monday, July 13, 2015

Dumfries - It looks like a movie set

I'm exhausted and I don't know where to start. We didn't really do much this week.

James - The Champion!
I had all my last experiences in Belfast (for now) and said goodbye to James. His name is James Craig by the way. Oh man am I going to miss him. He is amazing. We had our last lesson with him on Tuesday and he said the closing prayer and asked the Lord to bless me with safety and with strength to help those I'd meet over here. It was really emotional for me. He is a different man from the one we stopped on the street. He is happy and healthy, bright and clean, he has grown so much. He is amazing at reading the scriptures and retaining all the information. He just soaks it all up! As we left I gave him a hug and it really was it, I actually was saying goodbye this time. We both started to cry a little, and he told me that Elder Hatch and I had changed his life. He said that we had done more for him and helped him more than anyone else ever in his life. I will miss him so much. He will be a powerful tool that the Lord can use to bring souls back to Him. He definitely changed my life. 

I travelled for like 10 hours on Wednesday and got on another ferry. Riding a ferry is probably what "being racked with all the pains of a damned soul" feels like. I hate the ferry. But it's necessary sometimes.

Scotland is great. I love it here. It rains even more than in Norn Iron (Northern Ireland haha), which seems impossible. We have an amazing ward! They are so great here. It was crazy to go chapping here. Someone opened the door and my brain hadn't switched from the Belfast dialect yet, and they just spoke gibberish to me. But after about a day, I pretty much have it locked down. Except when they throw in words like dunny and ken... I lose track sometimes. Haha
Dumfries - Like a movie set

Overcast - but still way cool!! :)
In Rod's email he used the phrase “an imperfect church”. I know the church is not perfect, but the gospel is perfect. God runs the church through imperfect vessels, so it isn't always going to be perfect, but He has promised that we will never be led astray. Christ is perfect, and this is His kingdom on the earth. It is the one and only true church. There are truths in other churches, but we have the FULLNESS of the Everlasting Gospel. I love this church with all my heart. I long to share this with everyone.

I love you very very much. Read and pray daily! Apply what you learn.

Elder Crowe

Me and Elder Zander - being goofy!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment