Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Old things are become new

I don't have much time today. I love you both very much, and I am grateful for you both always taking the time to write me. I especially loved Rod's testimony this week. I don't know if it matters, but I can tell you are a man who desires to follow Christ, and it warms my heart. Thank you for sharing.

We have many struggles in life, and all these problems would be solved if we had true Christlike love. We would love others, but we would also see ourselves the way He sees us, and we would know that we have divine potential. I think part of the ‘how’ Christ never sinned was because He knew who He was. He knew that He was a Son of God and could not do such things. If we can see ourselves as children of God, we will realize that we cannot muck around in the stuff of the world. We are made to do more, to reach higher, and to achieve exaltation. We were created for exaltation. No one was created to receive anything less than Eternal Life. But we have to follow Him. We cannot earn it, but we must allow ourselves to become something/someone that would be comfortable in God's presence. I talked about repentance in my instruction this week and repentance is about changing. We do not get on our knees, say "I'm sorry" and everything is okay. Repentance is a change of heart. We must ALLOW the atonement of Christ to CHANGE us. It is a hard process. But the result is glorious and beautiful. I have felt His atonement cleanse me. I have felt His loving hands, those hands that bear the marks of the purest love, embrace me and change me. I am not the same person that made those previous mistakes. That is what we want. We want to become a different creature. As Paul says in his second epistle to the people of Corinth. 
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 
Sorry, I got off on a tangent; I love this gospel very much.

We got a new investigator this week. His name is Steven McQueen. He is gay and has some learning disabilities, which are a challenge for him, but he is such an incredible son of God. Every time he feels the spirit he goes "Oh Wow..." haha. He is very in tune with the spirit and his eyes light up. It has been amazing to teach him. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted. We are excited!

We are still teaching Faye, but she isn't coming to church. It makes me sad, but we still love and care for her and will continue to help her get to the gate that leads on the straight and narrow path. 

I love you all very much.
Keep Fighting the Good Fight.
Elder Crowe
Brother James and the 'brotherhood' :)
So, we may have shaved cut our hair!
It's cold when you've got no hair!! :)


I might have had an out of body experience! lol

Reading Jesus the Christ = mind blowing


No comments:

Post a Comment