Wednesday, January 13, 2016

I love President Hunter

Hello all,
This has been a long week. We woke up at 5 and went to the train station that was a 30-minute bus ride away. When we got there we waited outside (it was raining) and Elder Lampropoulos saw a sign that said all the trains north had been cancelled... So, we missed Zone Interview Training, but I think President is going to get us to another one this week. 

I love this gospel. I was reading a lot of talks by President Hunter this week. One of my favorites is "What Manner of Men Ought Ye To Be?" It is very short but so powerful. What an amazing man President Hunter was. He passed away the month before I was born. This week I have come to love him as if he had spoken to me and taught me personally. My testimony of him has grown immensely. What a man of God. This was my favorite part:
We must know Christ better than we know him; we must remember him more often than we remember him; we must serve him more valiantly than we serve him. Then we will drink water springing up unto eternal life and will eat the bread of life. What manner of men and women ought we to be? Even as he is. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

It is such a simple yet powerful phrase. He loved the Saviour so much and showed it in all he did. I want to be like him when I grow up. 
Cancelled trains because of flooding

Superman Jammies - Best present ever!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment