Monday, April 4, 2016

The ponderings of my heart

I have recognized recently that my emails have lost the happiness they used to have. I do not think that is because I am not happy, but I think more that my emails have become a lot more solemn. They are the ponderings of my heart and the questions of my soul. Sometimes they are just a paragraph of apologies ;)
This week was amazing and very inspiring. We had a baptism, ZIT, Conference, and many wonderful opportunities to see miracles.

My thoughts from conference really quickly:

Kevin R. Duncan- "Saul-like individuals with Paul-like potentials"

Steven E. Snow gave an amazing talk the I needed to hear. He spoke about humility. I am, as is well known, a prideful man. I loved being able to learn at the feet of the Master as the spirit spoke to me the words I needed to hear. How great will be our joy if the triumphs of others bring us joy?

The Priesthood Session was complete powerhouse. It was so amazing. A moment that I loved was while we were singing the camera panned to a group of brethren signing the song. My heart was filled with the love of God. I knew He was no respecter of persons--that He loves us all. Their singing praises to Him was just as beautiful as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir at that moment to me. I loved it.

Stephen W. Owen spoke of how Christ is the greatest leader because He is the greatest follower. I really felt the need to apply that in my own leadership roles. I can be the best leader as I follow my Saviour.

I was reading in 3 Nephi 11 this week and I love the first 7 verses. They teach such a profound lesson. They heard this voice 3 times and didn't understand it till the third time. What was the difference?
5 And again the third time they did hear the voice, and did open their ears to hear it; and their eyes were towards the sound thereof; and they did look steadfastly towards heaven, from whence the sound came.
This time they truly wanted to understand. They wanted to know. So what did they have to do?
1. They had to open their ears to hear. We can listen to the words of the Prophets as they have just spoken to us this weekend.
2. Their eyes were towards the sound. They were looking towards the source of the sound. They were not distracted by what was around them. They were not concerned about anything but the voice.
3. They recognized that it came from heaven and looked steadfastly towards it.

I promise that we will get the most out of this conference as we apply the teaching found in these verses. We will find new light and hope in our lives and be more prepared to face challenges that arise. Christ will come, are we ready to hear His call? (I came up with this by myself ;) now I just need to work on my pride)

What an amazing time of year. I love you and pray for your enduring faith in the leaders of the church. They are being led by the God of Israel.

Elder Crowe 

No comments:

Post a Comment